iEmpower was established in 2006 in response to the growing need for integrated services for highly disadvantaged young people from refugee and humanitarian entrant backgrounds.
Our services take a holistic approach that recognises young refugees often face complex problems that required joined-up solutions.
We work with our partners both in the community, government and private sectors to develop and implement joined-up solutions to develop and empower young people to be contributing citizens.
iEmpower will undertake the recruitment and set up of Scrubs as well as provide ongoing support to the organisation.
About the role
We are looking for General or Clinical Psychologist to join our diverse team at our head office in Kensington.
You will work as part of a dynamic team of case managers, youth workers, business operations and training consultants.
Providing direct psychological support services to disadvantaged and unemployed young people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds including those who came to Australia under the refugee and humanitarian program
To succeed in this role you will need the following
- Evidence of professional registration – APS
- Evidence of professional qualification
- A current CV, up to date with your experience and qualifications
- Current National Police Check
- Hold a current and valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Two references, including your most recent position or clinical placement
- Experience working with disadvantaged young people with a range of psychosocial and behavioural/commitment issues.
- Experience in assessments and interventions for young people aged 16-24 years old.
- Experience in working collaboratively in a team and with other service providers.
- High level of interpersonal, communication, organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise work.
- The ability to self-manage case notes, report writing, and to work in accordance with organisational practice guidelines and standards
If you have the necessary skills and experience and feel you would be a great fit for our team, please contact Jo Childs directly on +61730406050 or Jo@vircruit.com