Want to make a difference in the lives of people around you and have the luxury of working from home?
VirtualPsychologist is a young entrepreneurial psychology-based company in Australia. Providing a highly effective, solution-focussed text-based counselling service to those people who would not normally engage via traditional means.
VirtualPsychologist is clinically owned and operated by a registered Psychologist and a team of experienced psychologists and operating the highest standards of mental health care.
With a team of 13 psychologists covering 24/7 national counselling support line, VirtualPsychologist service a range of EAP clients and specific user groups throughout Australia.
We are looking for Psychologists to join our vibrant international home-based team to cover our quieter times various shifts.
Job tasks and responsibilities?
You will be required to deliver online customised mental health support via Text to employees and family members of the local community within Australia. Through our highly secure IT platform that requires a stable and consistent internet connection.
As this is a text-based service (Via an IT platform) it is not a problem if you have a dog barking, TV on or kids running around! You don’t have to dress up or endure any commuting.
99% of users are from corporate clients, so the ‘worried-well’ presenting with issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, as well as rural and remote, farmers, victims of the bush fires. Very seldom are they of an urgent nature, however, there are strict and well-supported escalation procedures in place in the event of an emergency.
Skills and experience?
- You must be an Australian registered Psychologist with AHPRA registration
- Hold a current ABN
- Have Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance to work as a subcontractor
- The VirtualPsychologist service is run from a cloud-based website so you will need to use your own computer and mobile phone for escalation reasons
- Stable internet access is also required, along with effective written communication skills, good clinical skills and fast typing speed
- You must also be comfortable with technology and have a passion for changing lives, with a desire to contribute to a young organisational culture
- You will have the opportunity to work from home, or any location of your choice
- As this is a text-based service it is not a problem if you have a dog barking, the TV on or kids playing in the background
- There is no requirement to dress up or is there any commuting
- Paid training and support will be provided
- You are paid to simply be on call, with an added premium paid when counselling
UK pay rates are circa;
- You are paid £11 per hour to simply be on call, with an added premium paid when counselling.
- When counselling the additional premium is £16.50 per hour for holding a 60-minute session. So it’s £11 per hour + £16.50 per hour = £27.50 per hour.
- Alternatively, you can also service 2 users at the same time, if demand is there, which would then be paid at £52 per hour.
- DNA rates are also paid so if there’s a ‘no show’ or if the user cancels an appointment within 6 hours from the appointment time. These are paid at £16.50 per hour.
For more information please contact Jo@vircruit.com and I will call you for a further chat.